You can find the recipe for my Impossibly Flaky Pie Crust here.
Maple Walnut Pie
I came up with this recipe for our son Louis' tenth birthday. We love pecan pie, and this is a twist on that classic, made with our own maple syrup. It's bound to become a family favourite.
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 1 c maple syrup (use the real thing - NO substitutes)
- 1/2 c sugar (we use maple sugar or organic raw)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1 T flour
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or extract)
- 1/2 recipe Impossibly Flaky Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 c walnuts (halves or chopped)
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a mixing bowl, blend syrup, sugar, eggs, milk, flour, and vanilla paste. Place walnuts in the crust and pour the syrup mixture over all. Rearrange nuts if needed.
- Bake 10 minutes at 450°. Reduce temperature to 350° and bake a further 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on a rack. Serve with whipped cream.
- Variation: spread melted unsweetened dark chocolate on the base of the pie crust or sprinkle dark chocolate mini chips or shards before pouring in the filling.
At Home With the Gadbois Family http://gadboisfamily.com/