An easy recipe to make with your children for snack time. These bars are lovely and warming for chilly days. They are good with a cup of raw milk or some fruit slices on the side:
Preheat oven to 350F, 180C, Gas mark 4
- 1 c. oats, flaked or ground (old fashioned oats will work fine, too)
- 1/2 c. dried fruits, chopped
- 1/2 c. self-rising flour
- 1/2 c. raw sugar
- 1/2 c. shredded carrot or coconut
- 1/2 c butter or coconut oil, softened or melted
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger, or citrus peel
- 2 T. raw honey
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Pat into a 9×13″ baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Score while still hot. Leave to cool before serving.
Makes 16 bars.